Important Service for Holiday Travel
Are you planning to travel by car this holiday season? Make sure you don’t run into any unexpected vehicle problems by getting all of the service you need before you hit the road. Here at Gem Mazda’s service department, we’re prepared to help you with all your routine maintenance and any repairs you may need before you head out to your festivities this holiday season. Here are some things to be sure to have checked or do before you take off on your road trip.
- Replace Your Wiper Blades: As you drive, you may encounter rain, snow, or sleet. Don’t find out that you should have replaced your wipers when you need them the most.
- Have a Battery Inspection: Without a working battery, you’re not going to get to your destination in your vehicle. Have your battery tested by the experts at Gem Mazda.
- Check Your Lights: In the dark on a road trip is not when you want to find out your lights need maintenance. Walk around the entire vehicle to ensure everything is working properly.
- Test Your Tire Pressure: This is especially important if you’re driving through different weather conditions. Underinflated tires could be a safety hazard so be sure not to overlook this item.
- Have a Brake Inspection: You don’t want to find out your brakes need work when you need them most. Have your brakes inspected by Gem Mazda before you hit the road.
- Check Your Oil: This simple maintenance will keep your car running great, even over long distances. We can help at our service department.
- Create an Emergency Kit: Include a few basics, like a cell phone charger, flash light, flares, and a hat and gloves.